Saturday, March 10, 2012

Conscious Sedation

"It was 7 or 8 years that I had avoided the dentist. I took a pill an hour before and then I don't remember anything about the procedure. Now my teeth are in good shape. It works for me." said Donna.


Thousands of people who avoided the dentist are getting their dentistry done while they relax in the chair, thanks to a new development in dentistry called pill dentistry, technically known as oral conscious sedation.


"More than 90 million Americans are afraid of the dentist and are putting off work that could save their smile," said Dr. Michael Silverman, president of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation.


"Use of this procedure has grown rapidly. Almost one million procedures have been done," said Dr. Silverman.


John said, "sedation dentistry is the way to go if you are afraid of the horror stories you've heard about going to the dentist. It was a four hour procedure and I don't remember one single thing. My jaw wasn't sore at all. It was a drastic improvement to my smile."


"The dentist gave me two pills. Next thing I remember, I was finished. It's like going to sleep, waking up and having a mini-makeover. It's fantastic," said Christopher.


"Pill dentistry does more than let patients relax while getting their teeth fixed. It also lets them get their treatment done in fewer visits," said Dr. Silverman. "Dentistry that would have taken many visits to do, now only take a few."


Patients can ask their dentists if they are qualified to perform this new technique. Or they can search to find a qualified dentist.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment